Moving from Values to Virtues
"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do" Leonardo da Vinci
Leading organisations are individualistic. Their intrinsic character traits, culture and consistent behaviour differentiates them from others. What's more, they are actively mindful of both their clients', suppliers' and employees' needs and the imperative for environmental, community, economic and political change.
In short, leading organisations have shifted their focus from "Me too" values to building a virtuous culture. More than talk, they do, visibly demonstrating their authentic care for people and the planet.
The spin-off is their loyal following; their attracting, recruiting and retaining of motivated talent; their resilience and agility; and yes, their profitability.
In order to create and sustain a high-performance organisation, this workshop is designed to help organisations, in all business sectors and of all sizes, develop an individual identity and build a virtuous culture that resonates with them.
Unlike a lecture, this workshop encompasses the use of relevant case histories, personal experiences and visions, images and conversation.
Participants will be offered:
- strategies and processes that develop their organisation's distinct identity and build a virtuous culture;
- steps for engaging with all stakeholders and forging meaningful relationships;
- recommendations for communication of their organisation's virtuous culture;
- advice for obtaining media interest and coverage ;
- tools for monitoring and evaluating their strategy and achievements;
- the recently published eBook, titled the Virtuosa Organisation, written by the workshop facilitator, Graham Williams
Who should attend?
This workshop is for all leaders of organisations, small, medium and large, HR directors and management consultants who work in the private or public sector.
Note: This workshop can be facilitated in-house.
When and where
DATE: Tuesday 24 June 2014
VENUE: Houghton Boardroom, 17 - 5th Street, Houghton Estate, Johannesburg
TIME: 8:30 am for 9am until 1pm
COST: R1750 excl vat
BOOK NOW: Call Lizzy Mafalo on (011) 880-9749 or forward this email to Lizzy with your contact details, or register online
FACILITATOR: Graham Williams
Responses to the Graham'Williams eBook, The Virtuosa Organisation
- This book should be prescribed reading for all MBA students. Peter Christie, independent story strategist and MBA lecturer
- Virtuosa is a contribution of heart and soul that will not leave you unchanged. I urge you to step out of your comfort zone and embrace this book's set of tools to initiate the important work that lies ahead for all of us. Terrence Gargiulo, MMHS. President of MAKINGSTORIES.net and author of The Strategic Use of Stories in Organizational Communications & Learning
- What if you could make the world a better place while you were at work? Read this book and you can. Paul Smith, Key Note Speaker, author of Lead with a Story
- This book is a powerful presentation of some of the issues associated with organisations and society and the failure of conventional methods to tackle them.Dave Snowden, Founder & Chief Scientific Officer, Cognitive Edge PTY LTD.